Welcome to The Black & White Photography Journal




Thursday 27 October 2011

Mae & Pai - Mother & Father



Untitled - Series Mae & Pai
Eduardo Cordeiro 




Yesterday, I was browsing my old, very old photographs and I found this image taken in 2006 of my father's body. Following that discovery, I found many more photographs taken on that day. I thought that the only photographs from that series (Mae & Pai) were the only ones that I previously had taken until now, or perhaps this photograph wasn't selected from the contact sheets made on that moment…I honestly don't know, don't really remember. But now, I find amazing on how beautiful this photo is in its form, shape, texture and aesthetically abstraction. 
I found 10 more photographs and I rapidly edited them and added to my other ones.

These series of photographs are an ongoing project that I commenced in 2006 and since then I continue to explore this concept of body and its relation with our family.

Still more to come…





Untitled - Series Mae & Pai
Eduardo Cordeiro



Untitled - Series Mae & Pai
Eduardo Cordeiro



Untitled - Series Mae & Pai
Eduardo Cordeiro








No comments: